Sunday 7 March 2010

TASK 01:

WHO AM I - WHO ARE THEY?

'I am a photographer offering my services to music students for promotional work'

Product: A photographer with equipment to take on location to photograph musicians and providing them with affordable prints. My target market is music students of all ages and genres in Leeds and London. It is a chance for musicians to aquire promotional material for themselves without the big price.
Price: I will be charging by the image not the hour therefore making sure my clients are treated fairly. I will start with around £15 per image however creating packages to ensure I get a minimum of £90 per shoot. Prints will be charged at £4 per A2.
Place: I will be working with the colleges and universities around London and Leeds. Leeds being where I study and London where I am from, therefore having two places to stay and making the journey often means I can tie photography in with term dates etc. Both cities also have music colleges as well as university with music courses so there is a wide selection of clients.
Promotion: I will be promoting through the universities and colleges with flyers and interactive services such as '1 free photo days' which will be set up in and around places of study and be me shooting any students that ask one photograph each and re-touching then sending it to them all for free. If I still feel I need more clients then I may take to using free small packages to get the word around about my services.

I will be doing this whilst living as a student so I have a timetable to keep to and student finance to use if needed therefore this will be part-time which will fit in with my target audience well as many of them will be working to a similar timing. This also means that much of this work will have a duel purpose to making me money. It will also be going towards a portfolio which means that if I am not making a financial profil I will still be gaining something.

I will initially be working alone however through the interaction with music students I will maybe be on the lookout to collaborate with small businesses involved in music production and management doing work for all their musical projects. This will be something I will do once well established though.

No comments:

Post a Comment