Sunday 7 March 2010

TASK 02:

WHERE ARE THEY - HOW WILL THEY FIND ME?

My target audience will be using a lot of online media. Much of the new musicians are promoting themselves through myspace, however to advertising on myspace would be expensive and be ineffective as I would be advertising to lots of people many of whom are not my potentisl clients. However to create a photography myspace account then by using a refined search on myspace add musicians between typical university ages in Leeds and London. This would be free to use and effective as it is direct. I could also do this on similar websites such as facebook and twitter.
There would be no need to advertise on radio or television as the business is too small. I may advertise to already used clients on mobile phones if I were to have deals on as I am trusted by them and furthur down the line there could be loyalty deals I could create.
I will also communicate to my customers through flyering and posters in and around their universities. this means that my communication to my target audience will be extremely cheap. As a student I will be able to use the colleges printing facilities and all online promotion will be free as the websites I am using have free domains.

PEST:
Within politics in the PEST analysis there is not much to worry about as my business is small and part time however I will be taking personal copyrights out by sending myself all my work in the Royal Mail. I will also add watermarks to all of my online work on my portfolio. Within economics I must watch my price sensitivity as there are obvious times when students finances fluctuate. I would cheapen my deals around the ends of terms as students will be running short on money then. Also I may make my prices slightly more expensive in London as students get a larger loan there. This falls into the lifestyle trends of society also as my clients will be spending more at the the beginnings of terms. I will be very focused on my ethics and will not work with any musicians that use any kind of prejudice in their work. I feel that the pricing in my work id ethical too and iI will make a point to stick to this. I would use events that the music colleges had like gigs and advertise there. As this is a small part-times business I will not be travelling overseas however if I was to take this futher and after I finish my degree make the business full time I may consider moving myself to America as the music industry is much bigger there. I would sign up to photography sites to get emailed about technological updates however as a student I will have access to mcuh of them through my college facilities.

SEGMENTATION:
Approx. 18-25
All races, genders and body types.
Probably not from a working class background
Student
£2763+ student loan per year
Britain, much winter work may have to be photographed in a studio, incurring studio costs.
Living close and in the city centers it will be very cheap to get to my clients.
As I will have many different locations because the majority of my work will be done on location I will attempt to find creative yet cheap or free locations
Density of my target audience and urban areas
Only liberal ethics displayed within the music
Innovators, creatives
Any culture
No children, users and buyers
Similar, good business to business relationship
My service will give them cheap and affordable promotional material to make money for themselves.
It will increase their profits by making their clients more aware
They will buy from me every 6-12 months
Most will not already buy from someone else as they are new on the music scene
They read music magazines, music channels and music of their piers
Usually use public transport
Regular internet users

No comments:

Post a Comment